Monday, August 10, 2009

The Power Of Words

I knew it could be done. I wanted to try but I didn't know
if I could do it. I called my friend. He said he knew how
to do it and would teach me. He put his arms around me
and started. I watched nervously in the mirror. He finally
finished and pulled back slowly. I felt relieved that it
was over...



I hate neckties.

Ha ha! Now, I'll bet that, as you were first reading that,
there were thoughts going through your mind that had
nothing to do with the tying of a necktie. Right?

The purpose of this post is to reinforce the idea that
words can foster images in the mind that are far
different that what may be 'intended'.

Therefore, affirmations should be crafted with great,
great care. The fact that people don't do this is a big
reason why they sometimes fail to work. Frankly,
if an affirmation is not showing some kind of result
within 7 days, certainly within 11, then there is something
in its wording that your subconscious is having trouble with.

For example, this affirmation looks okay:

"I, John, now earn $3,000 weekly."

But, say it out loud. How does it sound now?

If it doesn't sound right, or feel quite right, it may be because
what your subconscious mind hears is, "I, John, now earn
$3,000 WEAKLY."

In other words, your affirmation has now become a command
to exhibit frailty or fragility (weakness).

So, always take great, great care in crafting your affirmations.
Make sure you are saying what you 'intend' to really say.

No comments: