Monday, August 31, 2009

Put Passion In Your Speech

How come no one ever talks about using cuss words in
affirmations?

Success coaches always tell you how important it is to
say your affirmations with feeling...with passion. Well,
something dawned on me one time just after I'd finished
scolding myself for not following through on one of my
goals - the language I was using was full of cuss words!

I also noticed that my rant was filled with the *wrong*
kind of affirmations (ex.-"You are SO stupid!"), and,
that I was passionate about what I was saying as I was
very angry with myself.

Hmmm...

Now, when I sat down to do my prosperity affirmations,
the words I used then were just the opposite. I would say
things like: "God's wealth is circulating in my life." Or,
"Every day, in every way, I am growing richer and richer."
Or, "Divine Intelligence now works in me and in my life."

Now, don't get me wrong. These are excellent affirmations.
But, they just didn't carry the same weight as the negative
stuff I was saying to myself on a regular basis. So, I made
some adjustments in my prosperity affirmations. I don't
want to offend anybody reading this, so, I'll just give one
example: "Damn it, I CAN enjoy a life of prosperity!"

Take note that I'm not advocating that everyone start
writing their affirmations with cuss words. I'm simply saying
that the affirmations we construct to bring about change in
our lives should be just as strongly worded, and packed with
emotion, as the things we say to put ourselves down or hold
ourselves back.

No comments: