Monday, August 24, 2009

Questions Are The Answer?

There's been a lot of buzz lately over which is better,
saying affirmations or asking questions.

There are those who say that asking questions is superior.
For example, "When will I notice that I am eating healthier?"
Or, "Why am I so smart?" Or, "Why do I always get what
I really need at exactly the right time for me?"

Now, I like these. If you notice, I even put an affirmation
in the first one. Cute, huh?

And, I understand the rationale behind this. The human
being thinks, primarily, by asking and answering questions.
So, why not use that to your advantage and ask yourself
questions that empower you and send you in the direction
of your goals?

Great! That makes sense. However, let's not overlook what
the mind does when given a question...it looks for an answer.
And, that answer often shows up in the form of...what?...
an affirmation!

Let's use one of the queries from above. "Why am I so smart?"
Answer: "Because you always know how to help John with
his homework." Or, "My friends constantly seek my advice."
Or, "I read 50 new books every year."

Do you notice that these are affirmations? Now, you may say,
"But this is just telling the truth about how things already are.
I do know this; I do do that." There, my friends, is the real
secret to getting affirmations to work. When you say them,
there must already be some degree of believability, some feeling
of certainty that this is how things are. The art, or craft, of
composing affirmations is to do so in such a way that you do not
create any internal resistance. The best ones don't raise any
objections from your subconscious mind...at least not any that
you can't easily overcome.

Remember too that human speech reduces down to 3 things.
When we speak, we either state an affirmation, ask a question, or
give a command. So, guard all your speech to insure that any
responses from your deep mind, whether they are verbal, visual,
or feeling ones, are compatible with what you want to achieve.

No comments: